Business fire caused by blown light bulb

DURHAM — Four workers had to leave Durham Exchange Club Industries late Friday afternoon when an electrical fire broke out, the Durham Fire Department reported.

Firefighters responded to a call at 5:54 p.m. and went to 1717 E. Lawson St. where they found smoke in a 50,000-square-foot warehouse, according to a news release from deputy chief Chris Iannuzzi.

A large light bulb blew out above some combustible stock which ignited, Iannuzzi said. He described the fire as accidental.

The warehouse and an adjoining facility had smoke damage.

via DURHAM: Firefighters extinguish fire at Durham business | Durham County | NewsObserver.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *