Kohima: A plywood factory and the residential quarters of the labourers were completely razed to ashes in a major fire that broke out at Chumukedima Town in Dimapur district, Nagaland.
Official sources said the fire, which reportedly broke out yesterday afternoon, razed for five to six hours.
It was contained with the help of five fire tenders and volunteers from the area, sources said.
The real cause of the fire could not be ascertained, but it is suspected to have been caused by electrical short circuit.
Apart from the houses inside the factory, the flames damaged all the machines, wood, furnished products and also the residential quarters of the labourers and staff which lie adjacent to the factory.