Sprinklers prevent larger industrial fire

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) — Fire damaged a southeast side business Tuesday afternoon.

A compressor overheated at a business in the 700 block of Cottage Grove Street SE, and sparked a fire after it came in contact with oil on the floor.

Grand Rapids firefighters tell WZZM 13 the flames spread up a wall insulated with foam. Employees tried but failed to extinguish the fire.

Sprinklers prevented the flames from spreading and firefighters had the fire out completely within 10 minutes.

Employees were evacuated but have returned to the building. No one was hurt.

via Sprinklers prevent larger industrial fire at Grand Rapids business | wzzm13.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *