Fire destroys PA candle-making business

A Friday fire destroyed a small garage in Terre Hill that was being used for an at-home business.

The two-bay garage at 110 Vine St. was fully involved when firefighters arrived Friday. The 30-by-30-foot wood structure with vinyl siding was destroyed by the fire.

“It’s gone,” Shannon Eberly, Weaverland Valley’s fire chief, said of the 30-by-30-foot wood structure. “It’s a total loss.”

Eberly said the structure was used for a candle-making business and that “evidently something went wrong during that process.”

An exact cause has not been determined.

Eberly placed the loss at $20,000.

It took firefighters from Weaverland, Martindale, Fivepointville and Bowmansville about 90 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

via Fire destroys candle-making business in Terre Hill – News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *