Paper mill roof fire sends WI firefighter to hospital

A Green Bay firefighter was hospitalized for dehydration Monday afternoon in connection with a roof fire at Procter & Gamble on the city’s northeast side.

The fire was reported at 1:27 p.m. at a paper mill building at 501 Eastman Ave., fire battalion Chief Ed Jarosz said.

Wood portions of the building were on fire and crews had to cut holes through metal walls to get to the blaze. The temperature outside was near 80 degrees.

A firefighter at the scene was taken to a local hospital and was expected to be released Monday.

The fire was caused by roof construction, P&G human resources manager Joe Thibaudeau said.

Green Bay firefighters worked with the company’s emergency response team to put the fire out.

No operating equipment was damaged, and the fire did not stop mill production, he added.

Total damage is estimated at $30,000, city firefighters said.

via Paper mill roof fire sends Green Bay firefighter to hospital | Green Bay Press Gazette | greenbaypressgazette.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *