var p = new anv_pl_def();p.loadVideoWithKey(“eyJtIjoiR1JUViIsInAiOiIxMSIsInYiOiIyNjAyODkyIn0=”);
LIBERTY, Ky. (WKYT) – We’re continuing to track the investigation into what caused a fire that destroyed a southern Kentucky business.
Casey County firefighters say the flames were especially difficult to put out because of what was in the building.
It was just before 7:00 Saturday morning when Susan Luttrell spotted black smoke billowing out of the building next door.
â€œThere was fire coming out of this sliding door, you could see the flames coming up through the gutter and all of the smoke. You could really feel the heat off the building,â€ Luttrell told us.
Nearly 200 firefighters worked for hours trying to extinguish the flames but that task was far from easy, considering that the building was home to the Goose Creek Candle business.
â€œThere are tons of candles in there. Those candles are just going to continue to keep on burning because of the wax,â€ Luttrell said.
Most of the building has been reduced to rubble, uprooting 75 employees from their place of work and devastating the two dedicated owners.
Goose Creek Candles was the product of one man’s passion. The owner, Chuck Meece and his wife Tammy have been working for the past 15 years to build the family business.
â€œThis was their livelihood, their heart, their soul and their family.â€
Luttel says the family plans to temporarily move the business to one of their warehouses down the road and use it as a place to regroup and restart while they wait for their beloved business to be rebuilt.
â€œThey have a positive attitude and I know they will continue with the business. This is not going to stop them, theyâ€™ll keep going.â€
Firefighters are still trying to determine what sparked the fire.