Firefighters battle a Wednesday night blaze at the ProtoCAM building at 3848 Cherryville Road in Allen Township. The fire left extensive damage.
With 55-gallon drums exploding inside the structure, firefighters Wednesday night battled an Allen Township fire that severely damaged a small manufacturing plant.
No one was reported injured.
The fire at the ProtoCAM building at 3848 Cherryville Road was reported at 7:30 p.m. as it moved through the plant and up through the roof.
Six 55-gallon drums of alcohol were inside and something was exploding, Allen Township firefighters reported.
The first crew on the scene called for more help, and less than an hour later the fire was well under control. Firefighters from five or six fire companies searched the building for hidden hot spots.
An ambulance was sent to the scene, but no one had to be taken to a hospital.
Nearly a mile north of Northampton, the ProtoCAM plant produces metal and urethane castings, and injection molding.