Archive for February2013

Mulch fire smoldering in TX

A stubborn mulch fire continued to burn early Tuesday morning in Fort Bend County. The fire broke out about 6 p.m. Monday at the private mulch yard on U.S. 90 near Pitts Road, according to the Richmond Police Department. Firefighters battled to keep the wind-driven flames contained to the mulch piles at the business. No […]

Hydrogen gas leak causes OH fire

The Euclid Fire Department battled a fire caused by a hydrogen gas leak on Monday afternoon. Euclid firefighters were called to the H.C. Starck plant at 21801 Tungsten Road at about 4:35 p.m. Monday, said city Fire Capt. Michael Gulya. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that a fire had started in piping attached to a liquid […]

UK plant fire caused by metallic particles

Fire crews from Idle and Shipley were called to a metal recycling plant on Saturday after a pile of metallic dust caught fire. The fire started at Yorkshire Metals on Thackley Old Road in Shipley at around 10.30am. It was believed to be caused by metal filings and dust catching fire on top of a […]

Simultaneous Fires at Residence, Paper Company Trigger Multi Fire Department Response in IL

Local fire departments assisted Des Plaines firefighters as they extinguished an attic fire in a residence and a machine fire at a business, stated Fire Chief Alan Wax. Des Plaines firefighters responded to two calls at the same time on Saturday night, stated Fire Chief Alan Wax, which led to a number of area fire […]

Neighbors shocked at TN business explosion

Monday morning neighbors in one Claiborne County community woke up to fire and explosions in their neighborhood. A local business, Hunley Repair, caught fire. The Fire Chief for the Harrogate Volunteer Fire Department said it is the largest explosion he has ever seen and neighbors agreed they have never seen anything like it. Just before […]

Indiana man injured after becoming overwhelmed by fumes in manure pit

GRIFFIN, Ind. — An unidentified man suffered severe injuries after becoming overcome by fumes while working in an ammonia pit at a hog farm near Griffin, Ind. Emergency personnel estimated that the man, who works for Griffin Pig, was trapped in the 8-foot hole for about 40 minutes. The incident happen just after 8 a.m. […]

Women start fire in former WI cheese plant in effort to kill man, police say

Three Turlock women could face charges of arson and attempted murder after allegedly starting a massive fire at a shuttered cheese plant during an argument with a man, authorities said. Erika Cardy, 24, Lanette Sullivan, 46, and Wanda White, 45, all identified as transients, had found shelter at the former Lactalis USA building Tuesday night, […]

No cause known in WI paper business fire

(WEAU) – Crews are still trying to figure out what caused a fire at Cascades Tissue in Eau Claire. Captain Bruce Buchholz with Eau Claire fire says it all started around 7 a.m. Wednesday morning. Crews found 50 bales of recycled paper on fire. Thankfully, sprinklers were going off by the time crews got there, […]

Fire burns roof of NC copper plant

PINE HALL, N.C. — Authorities say a fire broke out early Wednesday morning at a copper plant in Stokes County. Stokes County Fire Marshal Frank Burcham says the blaze was reported between 3:30 and 4 a.m. at Kobe Wieland Copper Products, located at 3990 U.S. Highway 311 in Pine Hall. According to Burcham, the fire […]

Massive fire at Green Circle Growers in Lorain County leaves behind rubble

OBERLIN, Ohio – A fire at Green Circle Growers in Lorain County destroyed five acres of greenhouses on Tuesday. The fire was called in at about 5:20 p.m. Tuesday and started in a hay barn. Firefighters from 12 departments helped tackle the intense flames. About 24 hours later, firefighters were back at the scene where […]

Page 2 of 712345...Last »