Ember in ventilation system blamed for Ohio business fire

TROY — An ember from a laser cutter is being blamed for a smoky fire Tuesday afternoon at Kerber Sheet Metal.

Scott Gheen, a Troy Fire Department platoon leader, said the ember made its way into the ventilation system and ignited several filters at the business, 104 Foss Way.

No one was injured and the fire was contained quickly, Gheen said. Crews were dispatched at about 2 p.m. on a report of a fire.

He estimated the damage at $1,500.

via Ember blamed for Troy business fire | www.whiotv.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *