Exploding mouse behind factory fire

By Caroline Zielinski – Feb. 6, 2013, 5:17 p.m.

It’s not everyday that a computer mouse is responsible for the demise of an entire factory.

When 12 firefighters arrived at a Tottenham Factory late last night to find the building completely engulfed in smoke, little did they know their culprit was already dead, blown to smithereens from an internal explosion.

Upon arrival, fire crews quickly located the origin of the fire as the office area, where a fire investigator concluded that a loose connection in the battery terminals of a wireless mouse caused the batteries to overheat and subsequently explode.

The blast set fire to nearby papers and a desk, causing between $10,000 and $15,000 in smoke and fire damage to the spray equipment business.

via Exploding mouse behind factory fire | The Border Mail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *